Sunday, October 20, 2013

Chandlor's 3rd Birthday Party!

We had such a great time at Chandlor’s birthday party! His birthday isn’t actually until November 2nd, but as of right now I am scheduled to have Kendyl on November 1st so we decided to have his party a little early. We went with a pirate theme! Chandlor only recently started showing interest in cars, trucks, tractors, and motorcycles. I kind of wish I would have waited a little longer before deciding on a theme…but I’m a planner so I buy and plan everything in advance. Overall, Chandlor’s party went really well! It was originally supposed to be at the park, but somehow the pavilion was double booked. We volunteered to have his party elsewhere. I felt really bad for the lady who was trying to figure out what to do about the double booking and I knew that our family and friends wouldn’t mind a last minute change J
Michelle Mayer did such a great job on Chandlor's cake!
 
 
Chandlor loves attention! I mean what 3 year old doesn’t? At the beginning of the party he rolled around in his wheelchair and flirted/played with everyone while they ate. It made me happy to see he was having such a great time. He did almost clothes line himself once on a table. He is at that perfect height in his wheelchair where most tables are about at his neck. He raced full-speed towards a table with no intention of stopping J luckily I was in running distance and caught him just before he hit. He thought it was hilarious.
 
 

Chandlor stopped taking naps on the weekend (for me at least) a few months ago. That being said, Chandlor didn’t have a nap before the party yesterday and towards the middle/end it became very obvious ;) He didn’t want to open his presents, or for anyone to sing happy birthday to him, or really much of anything. He mostly just wanted to go downstairs and “play sacketball” aka basketball. He got so many nice presents! I can’t thank our friends and family enough for coming and celebrating his day with us!
 

Uriah and I got Chandlor a truck for his birthday. Luckily my grandpa is very very handy and was able to re-wire it and make it hand-powered so Chandlor can use it. We gave it to him at the end of his party and even though he had been rotten for the past hour we finally saw a smile on his ornery face. He asks to drive everything so I am excited that he finally has something that he can drive!

Usually Joey gets Chandlor on Wednesdays and Saturdays, but his mom is in from Houston this weekend so he gets Chandlor for the whole weekend. I am so glad that Chandlor is getting this time with his other grandma, but I am missing my boy J Uriah has already taken most of his toys out of the package (and played with them) so we are excited for him to get home tonight.

This will probably be Chandlor’s last birthday party by himself until he and Kendyl are old enough to protest having their parties together so we wanted to make the most of it. There was a great turn out I think he had lots of fun J 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment